SUMMARY: Safely perform skilled welding processes in the fabrication drilling rigs and other building components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure all Onpoint Manufacturing safety and quality guidelines are followed and maintained.
• Perform welding duties using electric, acetylene and/or inert gas shield welding process to weld various types of metals in various sizes, shapes and thickness, including dissimilar metals
• Weld together components of products as specified by layout, blueprints, diagrams, work orders, welding procedures or by oral instructions using brazing and a variety of arc and gas welding equipment
• Clean or degrease weld joints or work piece
• Keep working area clean
• Any other related tasks as assigned by management
• Knowledge of welding techniques and use of related equipment (welder, wire feeder and grinder) tools and material. Must be thoroughly familiar with the safety precautions of the trade.
• High School Diploma/GED or higher level
• Certification and/or experience in welding
• Currently certified or ability to pass certification within three months of hire for processes related to AWS D1.1, API, and/or ASME codes
• If currently certified ability to produce continuity log
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must have the ability to understand oral & written instructions in English.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Must be able to perform basic math functions, particularly the addition and subtraction of fractions & reading of a tape measure.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Will be engaged in standing, bending, walking, stooping, crouching, squatting, lifting, carrying & handling. Will occasionally be required to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or more with a partner.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The environment is typical of a manufacturing facility. Excessive temperatures, both high and low and noise levels are often extremely high.
Job Type: Full Time